ASP-FastBoard - Demo/Support-Forum
Forum anmelden / register Board
SearchSearch CalendarCalendar GalleryGalleryAuction-PortalAuctions GlobalGlobal Top-ListTopMembersMembers StatisticsStats
get your RSS-Feed
Language/Sprache:  Admin  
 Login: ChatChat (0) new User-MapUser-Mapsend Passwordsend Password RegisterRegister

Forum Overview » Homepagetools - Support » Off-Topic » VIN Check
Pages: (1) [1] »
Registration necessaryRegistration necessary
VIN Check
Danielno Access no Access first Post cannot be deleted -> delete the whole Topic 
Group: User
Level: Gelegenheitsposter

IP-Address: saved

I wanted to pass along something I learned today. Might be old news to some but maybe not...

I'm selling my 01 M3 on craigslist and got an inquiry from someone saying they're interested but that his "loan officer" requires a VIN check. They don't want old ones or one off of a random website it has to be vincheck1.com. Being that I deal with website all the time the domain name was a big red flag. No legitimate established company with have a domain name with a number following the name. vincheck.com is Carfax's website. vincheck1.com is a ghost site that scams people. They take your VIN from your ad and submit it on the backside of the site so when the seller of the vehicle runs the vin check they get a kickback. They're getting more sophisticated.

Rule of thumb... when you see a website with a domain that has a number following the name its usually used to track traffic for payouts or commissions.

7/15/2021 9:15:29 AM   
Tomino Access no Access no Access 
Group: blocked
Level: Gelegenheitsposter

IP-Address: saved

Since the wine code of each car is unique, identification by it allows you to get maximum information about the vehicle you are interested in, including data on sales, insurance, accidents and being hijacked and mileage check. Therefore, I recommend you to use the Epicvin service, which will give you full information.

7/15/2021 9:23:28 AM   
Registration necessaryRegistration necessary
Pages: (1) [1] »