Sword Of Justice drafting area
SearchSearch CalendarCalendar GalleryGalleryAuction-PortalAuctionsMembersMembers StatisticsStats
get your RSS-Feed
Language/Sprache:  Admin  
 Login: ChatChat (0) new User-MapUser-Mapsend Passwordsend Password RegisterRegister

Forum Overview » Ice Cold Elements [ICE] » Ice Cold Elements » Message to a guild of people that are cold as ice...
Pages: (1) [1] »
Registration necessaryRegistration necessary
Message to a guild of people that are cold as ice...
Marcus The Cubeno Access no Access first Post cannot be deleted -> delete the whole Topic 
Group: Administrator
Level:

IP-Address: saved

Looking back, it was one of my biggest mistakes to offer you a guild friendship more than 3 years ago. You used us as safe harbor while you had bad times and dropped and looted us once you felt strong again. You did that in a really disgusting way, turning your back and leaving, taking with you whatever you could grab.

The facts are:

Until today there was no arguing, no dispute & no talking with me at all from the moment when Oyvind posted that he wants to reactivate ICE.

The trigger seems to be that we decided to kick Oyvind when he started to recruit people for ICE, namely one person that he thought me and other SOJ officers were still in an open conflict with. On the other hand you executed your next steps so precise and quick that this was probably one of your last steps. Of course it could have also been a pure coincidence that within a day so many of you that are in ICE for years came back online after months and years and felt the strong urge to play with the people from SOJ and organise for them multiple events daily for a few weeks, but I don't think so.

It really was not a lie or pretext as it seemed. The announcement that you want to make ICE more active was true and he implemented it.
Oyvind made ICE more active at SOJs expense and we were blind. We did not recognise this open threat until it was too late.

But, why would Lotta want to break up after many years of friendship. Because we kicked an SOJ member?
They knew it was not an impulsive decision. It was discussed for a whole evening in a special alliance officer & leader meeting. We decided to kick him unanimously.
Even if the decision to kick him would have been not fair, it was clearly neither morally nor formally of her business or concern. Some clearing words and all could have been arranged. After such a long time in SOJ Oyvind and especially Carmen knew that - but this silent but massive action simply looks like breaking things on purpose...

Why did Fredrik ignore my messages in game? At the same time he kept chatting on guild and alliance chat. Why did he consciously provoke us?
Why did Lotta not even respond after using the "rrring" on msn? Why did neither Lotta nor Fredrik talk with me until today?

Once we had kicked Oyvind ourselves, which required technically to kick the presumably empty and/or sleeping former ICE guild there was no discussion, no questions, no interaction at all with me or an alliance officer. Was this the expected or even the wanted/desired outcome? Silently but like a well trained army corps they left our guild in lockstep. A perfectly concerted action. Impressive... but how on Earth did they logistically manage to get the former members of ICE - most of them were inactive on our roster after they joined SOJ 6 months ago - to almost synchronously leave SOJ?
Why didn't anyone of the former ICE member ask questions before leaving SOJ?
That's very strange to say the least...

Let's just have a look at a few details and facts. Instead of wasting time with talking they made sure to quickly take the entire SOJ PvP team with them. They didn't stop there. The "come play with us" tactic was used to get a sufficiently large amount of SOJ member to switch to ICE while we were "weak" because of all the internal discussions we had. We were not sure on how to react on such a huge betrayal of confidence carried out by long-time game friends. That was our weakness.
They didn't waste any time/emotions for such discussions. They didn't look back. They ICE coldly implemented their plan step by step...

During our 4th anniversary week-end ICE mobilised all resources to run up to 3 parallel events to get as many PvE players from SOJ as possible to join them to torpedo the celebration events. The highlight was that even I was invited only a few minutes after logging in with my storage account. Raban, a from a longer GW break returning SOJ member, was made feel so welcome in ICE that he switched to ICE on that same day. That straw broke the camel's back.

When after a month we decided to go for countermeasures ofc that was used against us. The above posting asking people to stand and play together was put as if we - the bad guys - would now start to forbid the people to play with the SOJ people that went to ICE (and Syrax, the more or less only daily active "genuine" ICE player).
And we were so stupid to fall for this trick and started an internal discussion instead of protecting our community from the very clever "come play with us, let's have some fun" "attacks" from ICE. Our stupidly friendly attitude resulted in many event cancellations and a constant loss of members to ICE.

Also during the next troubles we encountered ICE sent their recruiters out to "suck us dry" to use Jesses' (Hot) words.

At the end Oyvinds' announcement that he would reactivate ICE was successfully turned into reality at our expense.

In other words: good that we got rid of them.

edited by Marcus The Cube on 9/29/2010 3:15:31 PM
9/13/2010 12:30:48 PM  
Registration necessaryRegistration necessary
Pages: (1) [1] »